PhD Position(s) in Telecommunications Management Research
The Telecommunications Management Group within the Center for Technology Management Research of Stevens Institute of Technology is seeking applications for PhD positions in the field of telecommunications management, particularly with interest in one or multiple of the following areas:
- Economics in Telecommunications (e.g., pricing services, auctions, valuation of projects)
- Cybersecurity Risk Analysis and Management
- Financials of Telecom Sector (e.g. creditworthiness, restructuring, etc.)
- Performance of computer networks (e.g., traffic measurements, modeling, etc.)
Management of Telecommunications technologies, infrastructure and resources for global competitiveness with a focus on development and deployment of emerging technologies. Areas of research include:
- Global Innovation Management - Modeling and analysis of technology sourcing and market access of successful multinationals in telecom industries. Developing Best Practices for global competitive advantage.
- Technology Clusters and Drivers of Innovations - Modeling and analysis of technology clusters in telecommunications industry. Researching the inter-relationship of government, industry, academia at state, national and global levels to drive innovation output of telecommunications clusters. Study the effect of outsourcing of the value chain functions on innovation output of technology clusters.
The Telecommunications Management Group is conducting various research projects in these areas as part of its ongoing effort to build and maintain a center of excellence in Telecommunications Management Research within a rapidly expanding school with a strong vision for the future of technology management.
Candidates must have a MS degree in telecommunications management, EE, computer science, information systems or a related field. Candidates with an MBA (with interest in telecommunications) or an MS/MA/MBA degree in social sciences (with interest in telecommunications) are invited to apply. We are particularly interested in candidates who enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and who can bridge the gap between business requirements and technical implementations. A limited number of fellowships are available for outstanding candidates.
How to apply
Instructions on how to apply can be found here. In addition to the steps mentioned there, please send an e-mail with your CV to Professor Hosein Fallah. Stevens Institute of Technology is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.